Our Judges have presented us with the results and all of the authors have been notified. We are now busily putting together the Paper Gardens 2017 book.
Thank you to all of the Yamhill County writers who submitted such wonderful work to Paper Gardens this year. Here is a list of the pieces that have been selected by the judges for the Paper Gardens 2017 book.
- Dr. Anna Keesey, Linfield College Professor and author of the award-winning novel Little Century was our Prose Judge.
- Oregon Poet Laureate and Confederated Warm Springs Tribal Member Elizabeth Woody was this year’s Poetry Judge.
We had participation from 29 schools, including public and private and elementary through high school, and from every town in the County.
The Paper Gardens Celebration and book release party.
- May 4th at the Chehalem Cultural Center in Newberg. We will begin at 7:00 p.m. with doors opening at 6:30.
- All authors will be recognized as they come on stage to be introduced, receive their own copy of the Paper Gardens 2017 book, and be asked to read their winning piece.
- The Chehalem Cultural Center (https://www.chehalemculturalcenter.org) is located near the Newberg Library at 415 E. Sheridan Street. There are entrances and parking in front and back of the building.
- Take a look at the special exhibit, Blending Poetry and Cloth, in the Cultural Center Gallery when you come.
We are truly grateful for the support of the Arts Alliance Board, The Chehalem Cultural Center and our sponsors: McMinnville Kiwanis, McMinnville Noon Rotary, Newberg Community Foundation, Yamhill Cultural Coalition (with support from the Oregon Community Foundation & the Oregon Cultural Trust).